The Major Accomplishments of Leonardo Da Vinci
It would take an encyclopedia to begin to to do justice to the full scope of Leonardo's accomplishments. We can get a glimpse of his most notable achievements through categories of art, invention, military engineering and science.
Leonardo the artist transformed the direction of art. He was the first Western artist to make landscape the prime subject of painting. He pioneered the use of oil paints and the application of perspective, chiaroscuro, contrapposto, sfumato, and many other innovative and influential methods. Leonardo's Mona Lisa and The Last Supper are recognized universally as two of the greatest paintings ever produced. They are certainly the most famous. Leonardo also created other wonderful paintings including The Virgin of the Rocks, The Madonna and Child with St. Anne, The Adoration of the Magi, St. John the Baptist, and his portrait of Ginevra de' Benci that hangs in the National Gallery in Washington, D.C.
Leonardo was also renowned as an architect and a sculptor. Most of his architectural work focused on general principles of design, although he did consult on a number of practical projects including cathedrals in Milan and Pavia, and the French king's chateau at Blois. While he is believed to have contributed to a number of sculptures, scholars agree that the only existing sculptures definitely touched by the maestro's hand are three bronze on the north door of the Baptisery in Florence. The Saint John the Baptist Preaching to a Levite and a Pharisee was created in collaboration with the sculptor Rustici.
Leonardo the inventor made plans for a flying machine, a helicopter, a parachute, and many other marvels including the extendable ladder used by fire departments today, the three-speed gear shift, a machine for cutting threads in screws, the bicycle, an adjustable monkey wrench a snorkel, hydraulics jacks, the world's first revolving stage, locks for a canal system, a horizontal waterwheel, folding furniture, an olive press, a number of automated musical instruments, a water-powered alarm clock, a therapeutic armchair, and a crane for clearing ditches.
As a military engineer Da Vinci made plans for weapons that would be deployed four hundred years later, including the armored tank, machine gun, mortar, guided missile, and submarine. As far as we know, however, nothing he designed was ever used to injure anyone during his lifetime. A man of peace, he referred to was as "pazzia bestilissima-beastly madness," and found bloodshed "infinitely atrocious." His instruments of war were designed "to preserve the chief gift of nature, which is liberty," he wrote. At times he shared them reluctantly, accompanying one design with a written glimpse of his ambivalence: " I do not wish to divulge or publish this because of the evil nature of men."
Leonardo the scientist is the subject of considerable scholarly debate. Some scholars suggest that if Leonardo had organied his scientific thoughts and published them, he would have had a massive influence on the development of science. Others argue that he was so far ahead of his time that his work would not have been appreciated even if it was formulated in comprehensible general theories. While Leonardo's science may best be appreciated for its intrinsic value as an expression of his quest for truth, most scholars agree that he can be credited with significant contributions to several disciplines:
- He pioneered the discipline of modern comparative anatomy.
- He was the first to draw parts of the body in cross section.
- He was the first to make casts of the brain and the ventricles of the heart
- He pioneered modern botanical science.
- He noted that the age of a tree corresponds to the number of rings in its cross section.
- He was the first to describe the system of leaf arrangement if plants.
Leonardo's investigations led him to anticipate many great scientific discoveries including breakthroughs by Copernicus, Galileo, Newton, and Darwin.
40 years before Copernicus - Da Vinci noted, in large letters for emphasis, "IL SOLE NO SI MUOVE," "The sun does not move." He added, "The earth is not in the center of the circle of the sun, nor in the center of the universe."
60 years before Galileo- He suggested that "a large magnifying lens" should be employed to study the surface of the moon and other heavenly bodies.
200 years before Newton- Anticipating the theory of gravitation, Leonardo wrote "Every weight tends to fall towards the center by the shortest possible way." And elsewhere he added that because "every heavy substance presses downward, and cannot be upheld perpetually, the whole earth must become spherical."
400 years before Darwin- He placed man in the same broad category as monkeys and apes and wrote, "Man does not vary from the animals except in what is accidental."
More valuable than any of his specific scientific achievements, Leonardo's approach to knowledge set the stage for modern scientific thinking.
Writing a special welcome message for a new employee, whether it's just a welcome quote in a card, or a welcome email becomes a tough task; when your thought process simply stops and does not help you to write the right words. Well don’t stress on what to say, and how to say as here in this article you will find the perfect collection of welcome aboard messages.
Here is a list of sample welcome aboard messages so go ahead and choose the best welcome message to convey your wishes to the new employee.
1. We are so excited to have you in our group! We believe that you can use your skills and talent in making our company reach new heights. Welcome aboard new buddy!
2. It is a great honour to have you in our team. Welcome aboard!
3. Hope you will have an amazing time working with us and are really glad that you’ve joined us. Welcome aboard!
4. On behalf of all the members of (company name) I welcome you. Hope you will have an excellent time working with us. Welcome aboard!
5. We are really happy to have you in our team as our new (designation of the new employee). Welcome aboard (name)!
6. Welcome to (company name). We are very excited to have you as a part of our team.
7. Welcome aboard (name)! Your organizational and planning abilities are going to be put to good use with us and we are really looking forward to work with you.
8. Welcome to (company name). Hope you will have a great time working with us. Welcome aboard new buddy!
9. We're very pleased that you've joined our team. Welcome aboard (name)!
10. We welcome you to (company name) we are very glad to have you with us and look forward to a mutually beneficial relationship.
Welcome aboard message is an excellent way to start a perfect friendly relationship with the new employee. So you must send a welcome aboard message by email or sms to the new employee for a perfect start in your company. A nice and comforting welcome aboard message will certainly add self-confidence to the new employee of your group, company or organization.
So what are you waiting for? Simply bookmark this collection of welcome aboard messages and use these sample welcome aboard messages for welcoming the new employees.
There is nothing easy about starting a new job. There are plenty of nerves about starting a new job plus worrying about blending in with all of the existing employees, not to mention the bosses a new employee has to deal with. Learning the culture of a new company and the coworkers is also a concern.
Welcoming a new employee with a welcome card to the company is a great way to make a new employee feel welcome and can certainly help him or her get through their first couple of weeks at the new job and company. These types of welcome cards can go a long way at assuring the new employee is a welcome addition to the company.
A farewell message for your colleague is actually a way of expressing goodbye to your co-worker who is about to leave. Typically, saying goodbye to each other is a sad moment subsequently leads you to cry. Why not make goodbyes a happy one! Here are some samples of funny farewell messages for your colleagues.
Read on to choose the funny and witty farewell message for your colleagues that can certainly make your colleague laugh instead of crying and becoming sad. Here is an excellent collections of funny and witty farewell messages for colleagues that you can use.
1) We wish you lots of money and a loving boss in the coming future. So go now and never come back! Best of luck ( name) !
2) I hope that your next boss will hate you so much so that he’ll kick you back here. Just kidding! Be good there and all the best for your new workplace.
3) You are a great buddy, you really know how to spoil people! We are all going to miss you a lot! Wishing you great success in your future. Keep in touch ( name)
4) Good luck with your new boss and office mates hope they will like/dislike you as we do here! Just kidding! All the best for a bright future!
5) Thank you for leaving us and going away! You are really a naughty cookie .... I simply wish that your boss would love you as we love and accept your real attitude. Honestly, I’m gonna miss working with you.Thank you for all the inspiration! God bless!
6) Saying goodbye to you is such a crazy thing! Promise me this is not the end of everything. I know you will always come to see me to get some advice and remember it’s not for free! I will miss you buddy!
7) I wish you all the fun as you start your day working with your new boss and office mates. Oh! Good luck with your future companions, I bet they will find a hard time living with you! (just kidding !)
If you can't find the right words, a funny E-Card is always a hit. JibJab is a great site that allows you to create personalized cards. You can use your collegues picture to put them in hillarious situations.
This collection of samples of funny and witty farewell messages for colleagues are perfect to say goodbye to your co-worker without tears and sadness. Avoid too much drama and make goodbyes a happy one! Add laughter and humour as your colleague say goodbye by sending these funny farewell messages to your colleague.
If you are thinking to send thank you message to your boss, then you have reached the right spot. In this article you will find some excellent samples of thank you messages for your boss at work. Read on to find the perfect thank you message for your boss.
Expressing your thankfulness towards your boss with nice and meaningful thank you messages can make the feeling of gratitude a lot more sincere. In fact, people can obviously notice if a person is genuine in his gratitude and can feel your intention. Here is an excellent collection of thank you messages for your boss.
1. Boss, allow me to say “Thank you” for taking an opportunity on me and as well as for your constant help and support. I honestly appreciate employed in such a pleasant ambiance where I’m able to learn a lot and thus, use what I have learned in order to become a better person each day. Thank you sir! You are great!
2. Greetings! I’d like to grab this rare opportunity to show my deepest gratitude because you have been a great supervisor to us. Your office is just beautiful place for fresh and new ideas and a perfect place to work seriously. You don’t know how much thankful I am to be a part of your wonderful team.
3. Hey there Chief! You are the boss that really worth of compliments. Through the years I have worked here, you stay supportive, kind and fair to every of your employees. I would like you to know how much I enjoy being employed here at (indicate the name of the company). Thanks a lot for offering a beautiful workplace. Thank you!
4. As a manager and our boss in this field of work, you are indeed an inspiration to us-your staff. Thank you for strong leadership plus showing your support to your entire team, accept our thankfulness which you really deserve.
5. This note is to gradually show my personal appreciation for my boss. Thank you sir for all the hard work, extended hours and even late nights of business hours. Through these situations, I have made myself more motivated and genuine when it comes to work. Thank you!
6. Your company expertise, reliability, and even goodness generate a good and enjoyable place to work. Many thanks for extending your passion and adaptability in times one of us of your staff needs a day-off. Thank you also for understanding our weaknesses and thus helping us to correct our wrongs to improve our performances. I just love to work here at (indicate the name of the company). Thank you sir!
Letting your boss know how much you appreciate your job by sending a card can go a long way towards furthering your employment at your present job. Many bosses have a hard time keeping their employees happy through all types of circumstances, like overtime, advancement, hard feelings and raises. Sending a card to your boss might just make your boss feel good about the job they are doing also.
Hope you enjoyed reading this amazing list of thank you messages for Boss. So bookmark this page right now and use these sample thank you messages to convey your thanks and gratitude to your boss. Happy Wishing!